Saturday, March 26, 2011

exhaustion (yawn)



I think I'm suffering from some sort of psychosomatic response to this whole cancer thing. It's like my body's finally catching up to everything that's happened over the last few weeks. I'll be totally fine and then--BAM-- I feel like I could just tip over and fall into some deep state of REM sleep. Anytime. Anywhere.

It's like when I had mono in high school. Only 4,000 times worse.

And it's not like when I fall asleep I have these amazing, exciting dreams where I'm flying or where I'm (finally) crowned queen of the universe. I have these totally bizarre dreams that I would swear were drug induced. Only I don't do drugs, well unless you count Monster, but that's becoming quite the staple in my life lately as it's providing me with the necessary caffeine to not collapse at the most inopportune of times and begin snoring like some portly, middle-aged man. Not that I snore.....;)

And, if I'm being completely honest, Monster should be praised. If not for that effervescent, citrus, caffeine-laden drink I would be deep in slumber right now. Yes that's right. I would have fallen asleep at the ripe hour of 6:14 p.m.



Man, cancer's exhausting and I haven't even begun treatment. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment