Sunday, April 17, 2011

bra-tastic!

I knew going into this whole thing it would be a process not an instantaneous experience where with the snap of my fingers I would awaken from surgery with no pain or discomfort and the closest thing a post-cancer patient could achieve to perfect breasts.

I harbored no idealized view as to the nature of the healing process or the fact that there would be unprecedented pain and harrowing discomfort.

I understood, at least theoretically, that the healing process would leave me physically altered and emotionally temporarily wounded--albeit stronger.

Part of the physical process has been wearing a binding bra--one that bears a striking resemblance to a bulletproof vest.




That's right. My undergarments--at least the upper one--is more Rambo than Victoria's Secret. Rather than silk and lace, I'm pretty sure it's composed of Kevlar.

I could deflect enemy fire with it.

Which sort of makes me even more super hero than we originally thought. ;)

Having been honed and refined through years of calamity and enormous hardship, I was already pretty assured of my super hero status, but having some of the gear really helps add to my persona.

I have to--you know--look the part. ;)

So, as we speak, I'm composing a Super Holl patch to sew to said bra.

The bra to end all bras.

So take that, Heidi Klum! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Hollie,

    You are such a toughie!! I know you will get through this and anything else that gets in your way. I love you and your mom so much!!! It would be fun to get together with you two for lunch when you are feeling better. call me: 801 859-1951. I checked out your other blogs..loved the bit about the elves at play and the geriatric underwear..you crack me up!!
    Take care,
    Kelly K

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you Holl! you are such a lovely soul! i love your posts and read them faithfully. {BIG HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I've put your blog on that little strip at the top of the browser where you put all your favorite websites. You know what I'm talking about. :) You're awesome! This is Mary btw.

    ReplyDelete